Author Topic: Rules Discussion: Expansion to Neutral Worlds  (Read 19779 times)

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
Re: Rules Discussion: Expansion to Neutral Worlds
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 06:54:05 PM »
On my phone, but most player worlds wont have more than 10-15k troops and 40 gav. Something to think about

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2017, 07:05:24 PM »
I agree with the concept of a "realistic" disposition of units to some extent, but the system will surrender either way when 75% of its ground forces are killed. The shift from 40 Heavy Infantry to 46 Mixed Infantry doesn't really give the system a strong deterrent capability (standard infantry do 0 damage to vehicles). I'm basing all of this on the 3D Doctrine.  At the end of the day, it's just a template -- so players can modify as they wish. I would only temper/check any modifications with what you or any other player would actually use to defend our worlds, and go from there. In that context, I doubt we'll see Conscripts, ever.

Fair enough on the deterrence issue.
- Ranes

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 07:16:48 PM »
Seems like we need some hard to wipe out Guerrilla units that linger after occupations... :D

Offline RanesDsane

• SWSF Member
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2017, 07:25:32 PM »
You know I wouldn't object that...  After all, I proposed capture scenarios where the planetary income was reduced for a month or 3...  That'd probably be the easiest way to simulate that kind of thing, along with a continued requirement to have troops that will die.
- Ranes