Author Topic: Funny Star Wars Stuff  (Read 293272 times)

Offline XCALIBYR

• SWSF Member
Re: Funny Star Wars Stuff
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »
I....... don't know what to say.  I stared at that Vader girl for a good five minutes trying to puzzle out if it was a serious thing or a costume or what...  I think Im gonna go with "/facepalm LoL"
/*\SITH*EMPIRE/*\

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #301 on: June 06, 2013, 08:17:04 PM »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Syren

• Queen of the Holodrama
  • SWSF Member
  • That bitch.
Syren

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #303 on: June 07, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »
Today's TeeFury is AMAZING!!!

http://www.teefury.com/

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #304 on: July 30, 2013, 08:07:09 PM »

now that's a cupcake.
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2013, 07:56:23 PM »

I hope her fate is nothing like Spidey's was  :'(
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #306 on: August 14, 2013, 11:25:02 PM »
What if Episodes 1 and 2 were good?  This dude is hilarious and has some good ideas.  I especially liked the idea of making it more of "Obi-Wan's story" but I'm a huge OWK fangirl. :D

Episode 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y
Episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAbug3AhYmw#at=21

Offline Dementat

• SWSF Member
« Reply #307 on: August 20, 2013, 02:42:57 PM »
That was absolutely brilliant.
(\/)ighty RE

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #308 on: August 28, 2013, 05:07:08 PM »
Those what-ifs depress me more than anything, especially his conclusion for Episode II. To think, we could have had those! Then again, he is working with material that's already been presented to him, so I'm not sure he could have put them together from scratch. Still, he's a gifted script doctor, certainly.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Eidolon

• Space Pope
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #309 on: August 28, 2013, 06:52:46 PM »
I HATE Ep I and II isn't very redeeming.  III has it's moments.  To be honest I don't like Anakin at all in any of the movies but  I really can't decide if he alone is worse or if what they did to the Force was.  Nothing mystical about .midi-chlorines ;p   Even with III, it's ok, but my all time least favorite moments is how bitchy vader is presented at end.  It totally corrupted his image for me.  I want to go back to picturing James Earl Jones under there.  I can't see him and C3PO in the same place now without groaning.

Still we are just victims to generational favoritism.  Dont forget the epic creativity of the original trilogy at work- two death stars.  If we were old when we first saw that echo, we'd prolly be lamenting it.  

At least with Disney at helm now we can finally find out what planet Goofy is from.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 09:48:00 PM by Eidolon »
~J
SWSF 'til Death

Offline Rinny

• SWSF Member
    • @rinskiroo
« Reply #310 on: August 28, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »
I do not acknowledge the existence of midichorians.

Offline SWSF Hoppus

• Administrator
  • SWSF Member
« Reply #311 on: August 29, 2013, 01:49:49 PM »
At least with Disney at helm now we can finally find out what planet Goofy is from.

:D

Offline Erasmar

• SWSF Member
« Reply #312 on: August 31, 2013, 08:29:36 PM »
I want to be extremely suspicious of what Abrams will do with the movies, but everything he's said so far is threatening to erode my prequel shell and release my inner eight-year-old glee. Just the fact that he's shooting it on legitimate film stock is enough to get my hopes up.

Still, I don't like what he's done with Star Trek after Into Darkness. So much large-scale CGI effects; doesn't seem to grasp the concept of Trek. Then again, action/adventure whimsy is better suited to Star Wars, and he has said he's a huge Star Wars fan (and never liked Trek), so I don't know.

I just worry that it'll be a CGI-action-fest, which is an ironic worry since Star Wars was the first movie to so successfully employ special effects on such a large, sci-fi scale. Just give me practical effects over CGI, PLEASE. And fun, good dialogue. Interesting character arcs. And Star Destroyers. No high-stakes political games, no huge-just-for-the-sake-of-being-huge battles. Just a group of core characters sticking together set against the backdrop of a larger story, without the larger story being THE story.

Phew.
Erasmar
SWSF Rogue

Offline SWSF Hale

• FP Game Master
  • Administrator
  • SWSF Member
  • "I find your lack of faith disturbing..."
« Reply #313 on: September 01, 2013, 01:55:16 PM »
The irony is that ILM effectively gave all the Star Trek movies their SFX-CGI gusto.

Abrams is of the "Spielberg-Lucas School of Film", which qualifies him from an artistic perspective - namely since he will film and direct Star Wars as if he were standing in the shoes of his film-making idols - so I'm not too worried about Abrams in all honesty. What we should be worried about is the writing. There are some web articles that mention Kasdan working with the Episode VII writers, but this could just be insider speculation or fanboy hearsay/wishful thinking.
LUCIDIUS HALE
STAR WARS SIMMING FORUM

JavinTye

« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2013, 08:21:05 AM »
Funny little 'Star Wars Force Collection' game on iphone.  https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star-wars-force-collection/id586854309?mt=8

Not bad for passing (wasting) time for a few minutes.  You collect cards, go on quests, and kill things.

If you go play enter my character code and I might get an extra card (still not entirely sure how it works).

nfcx46630

It's free so don't worry about that.